Did you have fun racing the 2017 Velotooler Cup? We saw some great spring racing and exciting finishes. With the conclusion of the new series presented by CCB, we’re excited to share another way you can battle it out with your friends on the road all summer long.
Announcing the 2017 NEBRA Ranking!
There will be two sets of standings, road and criterium, exclusively for New England riders. The best 8 results that a racer achieves in each discipline will count towards their overall ranking. See how you stack up against New England racers! The top rider in each category will be presented with a leader jersey at the end of the season.
What categories will be tracked for rankings?
Cat 3 Men
Cat 3 Women
What races count for the rankings?
Any non-training race administered by NEBRA before the New England Championships for that discipline count toward the rankings.
How do I score points?
- Masters fields will score points for any category that doesn’t have an “older” race they could be entered in – i.e. a 40+ field will count toward 40-44 and 45-49 if there is a 50+ race that the event.
- If there is not a 50+ race, the 40+ race counts toward all masters rankings.
- Men’s category fields will score points toward the highest category in them – i.e. a P/1/2/3 counts toward the P/1/2 ranking and a 3/4 field counts toward the Cat 3 ranking.
- Women’s category fields count toward all categories in them – i.e. a women’s P1/2/3 counts toward the cat 3 and P/1/2 ranking.
- A masters field that doesn’t include cat 1 riders doesn’t count toward anything.
- In men’s category races and men’s masters races, younger/lower category riders can take points away from older/higher category riders – points are awarded based on finish position only. The age of the riders ahead of you doesn’t matter.
- In women’s races, points are awarded based on finish position within your category. So P/1/2 riders *cannot* take points from cat 3s – if the first cat 3 is 12th, that still gives 1st-place points toward the cat 3 rankings.
- Women’s Masters 40+ points are awarded in the P/1/2/3 race and are based on overall finish position. You get points based on your place against all racers (i.e 7th overall but top 40+ = 7th place points) but the ranking only includes 40+ racers.
- Points will be awarded based on three scales, depending on the number of starters in the race
20 or less:
10 deep: 40-30-20-15-10-8-6-4-2-1
41 or more:
15 deep: 50-40-30-25-20-18-16-14-12-10-
How can I find out how I am doing?
Rankings will be hosted on Road-Results
Good luck and see you at the races!