2016 NEBRA Promoter Support Program Summary
NEBRA has financial loan and grant programs available to its member clubs and race directors who participated in the 2016 Promoters’ Summit to support cycling in the New England region and help it prosper. For 2016, the program offerings are:
Bridge Loan Program
NEBRA can provide bridge loans to clubs and race directors prior to their event to help mitigate upfront costs. Loans of up to $1500 may be requested subject to the following guidelines:
- Loan applications must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Events requesting loans must have approved USA Cycling permits prior to request.
- Loan disbursement will be in the form of a single check.
- Loans are to be repaid in full in the form of a single check mailed within 30 days of the end of the event.
Event Development Grant
NEBRA has Development Grants of up to $500 available to help clubs and race directors subsidize underrepresented categories, grow participation, lower barriers to entry for a group of athletes, or for other programs that help grow the sport of cycling in our region. Development Grants may be requested subject to the following guidelines:
- Grant applications must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the event or start of a program.
- A club or race director may apply for one development grant per calendar year.
- Grant recipients must include the NEBRA logo on flyers and event announcements.
Moto Ref Grant
NEBRA has Motorcycle Referee Grants available to clubs and promoters of competitive events to help encourage the use of motorcycle referees. For first time applicants we are offering $135 grants per moto, up to 4 motos. If you apply for a second year we offer a matching grant of $68 of up to 3 motos, splitting the per costs with the club or race director. Moto Grants may be requested subject to the following guidelines:
- Moto Grants requests must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Events must be held under a USA Cycling Competitive Event Permit
- Clubs and Event Directors may apply for one Moto Grant per year
Beginning in 2016 NEBRA will administer a Hardship Fund. Participating clubs and race directors will voluntarily pay $100 into the fund annually. Once funded, should a hardship befall a participating club or race director, they may apply for a one time grant of up to $1000 to offset unforeseen costs. This program will be administered jointly with the NEBRA board and participating clubs.
Negotiated Discounts with ‘Official’ providers
NEBRA will endeavor to negotiate group discounts and preferred pricing across a range of services and event supplies for its members.
Total Event Insurance – Weather Insurance
For promoters wishing to participate in Weather Insurance NEBRA can provide subsidies – 20% on 1st $1000, 10% on 2nd $1000, 5% on 3rd $1000 of coverage.